Welocme to Our site

Hello we are the NEWBY'S... CALVIN AND JOAN.
Dad and Mom to 4 fabulous children, Logan, Jason, Skyler & Kindra
Father and Mother in law to the best gift our children have Erica, Jessica, & Tyler
Grandma and Grandpa to 6 wonderful girls: Regan, Addison, Avery, Lundon, Jordyn and Ryder and to one Grandson Ashton .
Friends to some pretty special people and they know who they are!!!
adopted Dad and mom to the Blake Family
AND We have the BEST Extended Family EVER!
With God as our compass, Christ as our Savior and the very special people that are listed here, are what constitute our world!!!
AND WE ARE HAPPY!!!!




Thursday, May 22, 2008

4 months later

Well, now it's been four months.... a lot has happened. Avery is now 5 months old. Skyler and Annie had a little one in January, they named her London. We had our homecoming and a Big Surprise Party for Calvin's 50th Birthday. THANKS everyone for their support. The BLAKE'S traveled far, and it was so good to see them. Kindra and Tyler threw this wonderful party with the help of Jessica. You guys are GREAT! We had a wonderful turn out by family and friends that we hadn't seen in almost 2 years.
We are back from our mission; coming home on March 12th... after 20 months on the Ilse of the sea. Words cannot express our love and concern for the people we left behind. Our joy in serving them while there and the imprint they left on our hearts. We saw several saints get to the temple for the 1st time and what a JOY that was. Moving on, or forward, has been a challenge, but something we know we have to do so we can progress. Reality is setting in.
We got to go to General Conference, where I saw for the 1st time a Prophet of God in person.
What a testimony builder that was, I have never felt quite like that before... the room was so noisy buzzing all around me... then....... Dead silent as he entered the room, everyone rose to their feet and you could hear a pin drop... my body tingled and I was thrilled all at the same time.
I just got back from Alaska visiting our other two granddaughters, Regan and Addison. My Mother and Step Dad went with me and we had the time of their life seeing all the wonderful beauty of the Alaska frontier.
I'm working on a service business... I have one client so far.... THANKS SIS...Barb is doing her own business called The Organizing Team and I'm her personal assistant. I will put photo's on of the grandkids and of the mission soon, now that I know how... THANKS WHITNEY for that.
My DEAR spouse, is working hard at selling this summer, Calvin is new to this business, I have all the confidence in the world in him... see article link below. I am going back and forth between Idaho and California.
Logan, Erica, Regan and Addison are in Alaska and continuing their education and working hard.
Jason, Jessica and Avery are in California, just finished up the semester at school and working hard on keeping the APX team thriving.
Skyler, Annie and London are in Boise, working hard and doing well.
Kindra and Tyler are in California working hard after they just finished up a semester of school.

No comments: